There will be a virtual meeting (Zoom Meeting) for the Wicked Good Vintage Stock Car Racing Association on March 14th at 1 pm.
You can attend this meeting by way of computer, tablet, or smart phone. I have attached directions on how to use zoom below. The Zoom meeting can only last for 40 minutes. Although this format is not completely ideal, it does allow us some opportunity to meet in a way to ensures safety for all club members and in compliance of state orders. I am currently working towards an in-person meeting for April. As those plans become solid, you will be given more information. I hope that you are all able to meet with us virtually on the 14th. If technology is not your thing, would it be possible to seek out help from a friend/ family member?
Zoom Instructions for Participants Before a videoconference:
1. You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone with speaker or headphones. You will have the opportunity to check your audio immediately upon joining a meeting.
2. You will receive notice for a videoconference or conference call from your committee analyst. The notification will include a link to “Join via computer” as well as phone numbers for a conference call option. It will also include the 9-digit (usually) Meeting ID.
To join the videoconference:
1. At the start time of your meeting, click on the link in your invitation to join via computer. You may be instructed to download the Zoom application.
2. You have an opportunity to test your audio at this point by clicking on “Test Computer Audio.” Once you are satisfied that your audio works, click on “Join audio by computer.” You may also join a meeting without clicking on the invitation link by going to join.zoom.us on any browser and entering the Meeting ID provided by your committee analyst.
If you are having trouble hearing the meeting, you can join via telephone while remaining on the video conference:
1. On your phone, dial the teleconferencing number provided in your invitation.
2. Enter the Meeting ID number (also provided in your invitation) when prompted using your touch-tone (DTMF) keypad.
3. If you have already joined the meeting via computer, you will have the option to enter your 2-digit participant ID to be associated with your computer.
Participant controls in the lower left corner of the Zoom screen:
Using the icons in the lower left corner of the Zoom screen, you can:
• Mute/Unmute your microphone (far left)
• Turn on/off camera (“Start/Stop Video”)
• Invite other participants
View Participant list – opens a pop-out screen that includes a “Raise Hand” icon that you may use to raise a virtual hand
• Change your screen name that is seen in the participant list and video window
• Share your screen
Somewhere on your Zoom screen you will also see a choice to toggle between “speaker” and “gallery” view. “Speaker view” shows the active speaker. “Gallery view” tiles all of the meeting participants.
You will be receiving the meeting details (Link and password) in the US Mail. If you would rather receive this information through email please send me a message at email@example.com. I look forward to meeting with you all on March 14th. My hope is that you all stay safe and well until we can meet again.
Keith E. Rankin, Association President
Due to the current conditions with COVID-19 and social distancing and to protect the health of our members and their families, WGVR will not be having our meetings until further notice from the Governor's office.
Thank you to all of the Race Tracks that invited WGVR to participate in their 2020 race schedules.
Thank you fans, families and friends.
Wicked Good Vintage Racing is looking forward to a GREAT 2021 racing season.
* MVRCA 2020 Summerfest has been postponed until 2021
* ARUNDEL** 2020 WGVR Family Fun Day postponed until 2021
1st Race of 2020: 6/19 - Lee Speedway, Milford NH - Early Late (winner Kevin Waterhouse) and Outlaws (winner Arthur Hannaford)
7/11 Oxford ELM (winner Bub Dow)
7/18 Speedway 95 (ELM 1.Skip Conner Outlaw #75)
7/25 Oxford Hobby (winner Adrien Williams)
8/1 Oxford (1.Skip Connor - 2.Nick Overlock - 3.Parker Long)
8/8 Riverside (1.Chris Oglivy - 2.Nick Overlock - 3.Parker Long)
DRIVERS: All cars must be inspected before going on any track! Contact your Division Director with any questions on meetings, inspections, practices or races.
COVID-19 Update from Wiscasset Speedway.
Due to the extension of the Governor’s stay at home orders and subsequent plans for slowly opening businesses and group activities, we will be suspending our 2020 racing schedule until further notice. However long – or short – this suspension will be is unknown at this moment.
Our plan, for now, is to continue to communicate with state officials to determine specifically when we will be able to conduct group practices and eventually races.
In the meantime, the track will be available for individual car practices as well as tire & parts sales BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
• limited to driver and maximum 5 crew members
• call Vanessa Jordan (207) 491-3720 between 9a-5p Monday thru Friday to schedule.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation
Message from Rosey Gerry 207-975-5432
Everything is fine here, except not much for work with most places closed down and the mud season!
Got to say weather hasn’t helped!
If the winter months aren’t long enough, we get hit with this, so one thing I did was go winter camping, found that to be quite rewarding even though I hate winter. still was fun!
Missed seeing you all over the past months, and still we don’t know when we will be able to get together!
Been working when it’s half/way nice out, on my Caboose camper, it’s a slow process!
That being said, before we go any further, there is NO WG MEETING for May.
So, one thing we should be doing is calling one another and just say "how ya doing” or tell us what’s new with your racecar or what’s going on in your life we’d like to hear it!
Let’s not die on the vine!
Keeping in touch with one another can help pick up one’s spirits when things are dry!
When will we be racing this season, it’s a good question, the future is unknown at this point in time, that’s why it would be good to keep in touch with your division directors if no one else! ……..All division's should be doing this!
That being said Hobby Division drivers if you’ve only taken one class or haven’t taken any I’m gonna leave it up to you to contact me to bring you up to date! Don’t let this slide and just show up and say “I Didn’t know or I thought”! Disappointment is a real let down, but rules need to be followed!
And if this shut down should open up so track’s decide to let you go practice, Call me and I will come to inspect your car.
Hobby Division people!
STOP! DO NOT GO ONTO TRACK FOR PRACTICE WITHOUT YOUR CAR BEING INSPECTED! Call Me!
We will get through this, but only if we work together, Our WG president will keep us informed as soon as he and the race director hear something.
In the mean time talk to each other no matter what division your in, it builds strenght!
Those of you who have or do face book please pass this on!
Hobby people you may get this twice cause your on both list!
Be safe, and don’t take chances whether on the street or home, or on the track, it’s just not all about you!
Hope to see you all soon!
All MEETINGS are held at Governor's Restaurant, 376 Main St, Waterville, ME 04901 on the first Sunday of the month during the non-racing season
WGR Mission Statement
It is the intent of Wicked Good Vintage Racers to provide a forum and environment in which the racing of vintage automobiles can re-emerge and once again flourish within the State of Maine. This association of vintage racing enthusiasts is established as a medium for communication, sharing, and mutual support of its members, and those others sharing an appreciation of vintage race cars. It is a goal of this organization to locate and/or establish facilities providing for regularly scheduled vintage racing events. It is further the intent of this organization to cultivate positive and respectful relationships among all participants, in order that vintage automobile racing provide an exceptional degree of family fun and enjoyment.
CURRENT SALES INVENTORY Below is a short list of cars we have for sale. To view all of our sales please click here.
All rights reserved / 2015 Wicked Good Vintage Racing / Photo copying is discouraged and prohibited / Email Nita Smalley for Web Info